- Posted: March 29, 2019
Grapevine, TX, USA
Position Title: Teller I
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Reports to: Branch Manager
Summary of the Job: To create a memorable experience that delivers consistent and value-added services dedicated to developing lasting customer relationships. Provide teller services including processing transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, cashing checks, and completing change orders with accuracy. Utilize knowledge and judgment to assure the validity of transactions processed, referring questionable items to an Assistant Branch Manager or above. Maintain a professional appearance in both dress and behavior.
- Perform Southside Bank’s customer service standards with each customer interaction
- Consistently perform with accuracy and efficiency to build customer confidence and trust.
- Complete customer thank you calls and follow up of problem resolution as directed by management.
- Know the products and services offered by the Bank with the ability to recall and explain key benefits to the customer.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of pertinent information and records
- Accurately communicate account information to customers
- Understand and agree to abide by the policies and procedures established at Southside Bank.
- Maintain cash drawer limits and responsible for meeting the balancing standards of the cash drawer on a daily basis, working in accordance with the Teller Over/Short Policies. Ensure that all cash outages are reported to management.
- Accept and verify customer deposits
- Cash checks and process less cash transactions within authorized limits; obtain supervisor’s approval to process transactions which exceed authorized limits.
- Perform special services as requested by customers, such as selling official checks, process cash advances and loan payments, completion of stop payments and cardholder claim statements and redeem savings bonds with accuracy.
- Responsible for complying with audit policies and procedures as they pertain to this position.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and related anti-money laundering laws, and in accordance with the Bank’s Information Security Program.
- Must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a positive and caring atmosphere for customers and employees consistent with the Southside Bank’s mission and philosophy.
- Contribute to a positive team environment with peers in and out of the branch
- Continue professional development through training, seminars, membership in professional associations, as applicable.
- Assist with opening and closing duties
- Perform additional duties as assigned or directed
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Understands and agrees to abide by the policies and procedures established at Southside Bank.
- Must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs duties in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and related anti-money laundering laws, and in accordance with the Bank’s Information Security Program.
- Maintains a positive and caring atmosphere for customers and employees consistent with the Southside Bank’s mission and philosophy.
- Provides enthusiastic, professional, and courteous service to Southside Bank customers and employees.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of pertinent information and records.
- Continues professional development through training, seminars, membership in professional associations, as applicable.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or directed.
- High School Graduate or the equivalent required.
- Minimum 6 months cash handling or customer service experience preferred.
- Proficient in typing, 10-key calculator and data entry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Completion and comprehension of the following Southside Bank instructor led classes:
- New Employee Orientation
- Teller Training, Teller Advanced and Professional Teller
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers. Works with fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Physical Environment Demands:
- Stand, sit and walk.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- See, hear, speak, read and write.
- Ability to concentrate
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (e.g. business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.